Career Assessment and Kolbe
Let us help you identify and pursue the career of your dreams.
How do I help my student find the rightFit college that will provide them with the best opportunity for career and life success?
Our Career Assessment tools helps students identify careers that match their interests. With this newfound knowledge, students can begin to connect the dots between careers and what they enjoy doing. We believe that the earlier a student starts making connections between interests, work, and careers, the easier it is to succeed.
We provide a personalized Career Cruising website for your student. Your student’s college advisor will provide assignments and due dates to complete each of the assignments.
The assignments include:
- Identify possible careers based on student’s interests. This is a three step process.
- Identify learning style and mix: visual, audio, doing
- Career database that provides education and skills needed, a timeline for that career’s path, salary ranges by geographical areas, “a day in a life” of someone who is working in that career.
- Identification of majors that match those careers
- A list of related careers that require similar skills and education.
Kolbe assessment is scheduled after the Career Assessment with a Certified Kolbe Consultant. The Kolbe assessment measures your student’s conative MO or Method of Operation. This MO is how you solve problems with your innate skills that you were born with. This helps students understand who they are and what makes them “tick”. It gives them focus and confidence to explore careers and majors that fit them.
The Kolbe Concept® holds that creative instincts are the source of mental energy that drives people to take specific actions. This mental drive is separate and distinct from passive feeling and thoughts. Creative instincts are manifested in an innate pattern that determines an individual’s unique method of operation, or modus operandi (M.O.)